Pages

Friday, June 05, 2015

COPING VICTORIOUSLY!

Okay, so I’m 57 with writing deadlines, aging parents, and a first grandchild on the way. Most days I feel like I’m barely coping. But as I sat down a few days ago to mull over what I had to say today, the words COPING VICTORIOUSLY popped into my head.

Why? Because I think too often, women "just" cope. We learn to get by on less for ourselves to give more to others, which isn't a bad thing. I think it's how we're built. But it made me ask myself, how do I cope victoriously? 

Romance. I write it. I read it, and on most days, ESPECIALLY lately, romance is what gets me through the day. As a bonus, since sitting is the new smoking, reading romance is the ONLY thing that gets me on the treadmill almost every day. With my Kindle fired up and walking through a love story, I trick my brain into going the extra mile. Literally.


So spill! What’s your secret to coping victoriously? If romance is your thing too, check out my new Tule title, Caught Up in You, available on Kindle. Whatever you do, live well and be good to yourself.


After attending her baby sister’s destination wedding, Shelby Worthington decides she’s ready to do some husband hunting of her own. The only problem? She’s still insanely attracted to Declan Enright, her high school and college crush. He’s now a wildly successful painter who’s temporarily back in Magnolia Bay, but Declan should be Shelby’s last choice for possible husband material. He didn’t earn the reputation of runaway groom for nothing… 

Declan has worked hard to make his mark on the New York art scene and has succeeded at everything he’s ever done…except love. But Declan has come back to the Bay to change that and care for his dying father, even if he’s still never forgiven Declan for leaving the family business. Shelby is determined to steer clear, but while her lips keep saying no, her heart is pounding out yes each time she and Declan are together. While she can’t deny her attraction, Shelby’s convinced that Declan’s track record means he will break her heart. Or has Declan changed for good, and made love worth the risk? 

3 comments:

Liz Flaherty said...

I was probably the last person in the world who ever heard that sitting was the new smoking, but it made perfect sense to me, so I am coping victoriously by wearing my Fitbit and getting in lots and lots of steps on a nearby walking trail. I can write in my head, read audio books (which just might be a new addiction), and feel good with each footfall.

Enjoy the grandbaby and everything else!

dstoutholcomb said...

I need to learn to put myself first once in a while.

Denise

Unknown said...

Thanks, Liz! And You're right, Denise, you do need to put yourself first more often. Some folks call that selfish, but if you don't put take care of yourself, who will? Hugs to you both!