Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

CJ Carmichael: Take The Audible Quiz…Please!


Since you like to hang out at Toteblogs I already know two things about you. First, you like to read. And second, you read fiction, including romance and women’s fiction. (For the record, so do I. I also like to write aforementioned books.) Today, with your indulgence, I’d like to find out a little more about you. Like, do you also enjoy listening to recorded stories? And if so, how much?

This isn’t just idle curiosity on my part. On April 7 my 5 book series, the Carrigans of the Circle C is going to be available on Audible. (In fact, you can preorder now.) I’m pretty excited about this, but it’s also a sign of the times, isn’t it? 


When I was a kid, if I wanted to read a story, I had to do so with a book. Now we have the choice of eBooks and recorded books, depending on preference. I know I’m open to all 3 formats of stories, but I’m curious about You. So please take the following quiz and list your responses in the comments section. (I will be offering inducements, of course, to be mentioned later...)

1.       Do you listen to recorded stories
A.      Often, at least one story a week
B.      Occasionally, about one a month
C.      Infrequently, a few times a year
D.      Never

2.       What technology do you use to listen to recorded stories (List all that apply)
A.      I’m  a member of Audible.com (an Amazon company)
B.      I buy my stories from iTunes
C.      I buy stories on CDs
D.      Other—please tell me where else you find them!

3.       How much are you willing to pay for a recorded story?
A.      If it’s a story I’m really interested in, I pay the going rate
B.      I have a price point I won’t go above.
C.      I am a member of Audible and have a free credit every month and rarely buy more than that.

4.       When do you listen to recorded stories?
A.      When traveling in the car/bus/train
B.      While exercising
C.      While doing chores
D.      When I’m relaxing

5.       Do you find quizzes like this
A.      Enjoyable
B.      Annoying (Luckily you caught me in a good mood today.)

THE END

To thank you for taking this quiz I’d like to remind you that I have a free book available for Kindle, iBooks, Nook and Kobo…you can find the links here: http://cjcarmichael.com/books/daughter.php#order

Also, if you include your email in your comments you’ll be entered for a 3 month gift membership to Audible (valued at $45).



8 comments:

Janine said...

I started to do the quiz, but since I don't listen to audio books and never have. I can't answer by the letters offered. I have no idea how to go about listening to a book or even what you would listen to it on. I would assume and ipod, which I don't have,

Eileen AW said...

I have trouble listening, I need to see not hear. So I'm not an audio book person. Sorry.

dstoutholcomb said...

1. d
other than my kindle, I don't have a device on which it is convenient to listen to audiobooks, therefore, I don't buy them. I have been gifted a few by authors via Audible. I noticed I can read the text of the book through the audible gift.

Denise

FiberRachel said...

A
A
C but I do get extra credits or audiobooks too
ABCD but mainly while I am knitting
B ;)

I have the audible app on my phone so I always have them around like while I am waiting around for the kids at sports training. I quite often get the audio books for ebooks I have already read and 're-read' them that way. Also great for during ironing.

susan317 said...

1A, 2A (and I sometimes download audiobooks from my local library; download everything to my Sansa Clip. Love that little bugger!), 3A, 4C (although I'm lucky enough to have a job where I can also listen at work, which helps block distractions from nearby cubicles!), 5A.

Laurie G said...

1) D- I recently won an audiobook. I haven't listened to it yet. I'm just trying out this new way of hearing books

2) C- I do have an IPod classic. I do have a book on CD's too. I haven't heard any books yet. I hope to try it out soon.

I'm always willing to try something new. I'll have to let you know how it goes.

johnslake@usa.com

3) B - I'm just trying this new way out before I invest a lot of money.

4) A- I want to use it while I commute to work. I don't know how distracting it will be or how much I will retain. I also want to use it while I do chores around the house.

5)- A I don't mind taking short quizzes which help authors.

Unknown said...

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate it! Denise, that's interesting that you can also "read" an audiobook.

Laurie G, you are the winner of the 3 month Audible trial! I will send that to you today. I hope everyone else has been able to enjoy my free novel "A Daughter's Place!"

Have a great weekend!

CJ

Laurie G said...

THANK YOU CJ!