Pages

Friday, March 06, 2015

Addison Fox: The Joy of Discovery

Much has been made over the past few years of the availability of free books. For those with ereaders, we are in an age where content is there for our perusal and enjoyment. The technology has eliminated much of the barriers to making a book free (paper and printing being the biggest) and readers are now given the opportunity to sample widely across genres they enjoy.

As you might imagine, publishers have been a bit slower to adopt the “free” curve. But even publishers have begun to come around to the idea that providing a reader an opportunity to sample an author’s work is far more effective than ads and social media posts.

Which brings me to my question today. How do you feel about free books? Do you believe they are just that – an opportunity to sample an author you’ve not tried – or do you see them as nothing more than (a) a gimmick or (b) a vast wasteland of too much noise? I’ve heard many comments over the past year that suggests readers are far more trusting of something priced at $1.99 or $2.99 than simply free.

As I say frequently, I’m a reader first. I can honestly say that this isn’t a perspective I have. I know I enjoy getting to try authors who are new to me with low risk and the potential for very high reward.

Admittedly, my question today is somewhat motivated by a new opportunity that came my way recently. My publisher, Entangled, has priced my book TEMPTING ACQUISITIONS free for the month of March. If you’re so inclined, download away!

Kindle:

Nook:

Thanks for joining me today.
XOXO,
Addison



Despite early ambitions of being a diver, a drummer or a doctor, Addison Fox happily discovered she was more suited to life as a writer. She lives in Dallas and - thankfully - doesn't have to operate on anyone. You can find her at her home on the web at www.addisonfox.com. Her latest book, SILKEN THREATS, is out now from Harlequin Romantic Suspense. You can visit her at her website at www.addisonfox.com

2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

Thank you for the free book--I read the reviews to get a feel for a book if it's a freebie from an author I'm not familiar with.
Denise

Carol L. said...

I don't read e- books so I can't really comment but if I wanted to get a feel for an unknown Author I'd have no problem reading a free book.
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com